Downtown Signs

Downtown has been an fascinating place to take photos. Trying to find the beautiful in the ordinary is a great challenge and exercise for any photographer. Photos of signs are particularly interesting to me, because we see them so much that we usually don't see them as art, but a good photo can change that.




The Anvil fence sign was particularly striking because of its boldness. There were a few ways that I went about it. 1. I wanted the word to fill the whole frame because it was crucial to portraying the bold effect I was trying to go for. If I had left a border around the sign, it wouldn't have created the same effect. 2. I didn't shoot the sign straight on, but tilted my camera upwards a tad which created a partial illusion that the words were wider than they really were.


No comments:

Post a Comment